If you are thinking of investing in a Bitcoin IRA it is important that you choose the right company to manage your account. There are a lot of Bitcoin IRA custodians out there – you need to pick the right one for you. Among the best are Regal Assets, BitcoinIRA and BitIRA.
If you are planning on investing in a bitcoin IRA the first thing you need to do is choose the best company to manage your investment. There are a lot of companies out there and it’s important you do some research and choose the right one for you. You should be looking out for a custodian that has a proven track record in the field, an in-depth knowledge of how the cryptocurrency market works and most importantly a custodian that provides a service that is right for you. Among the factors you should consider when assessing the right company are:
- In-Depth Knowledge & Experience: The cryptocurrency market is in its infancy. It is a new technology and a new way of doing business that is alien to many traditional financial institutions. Although some of the long-standing players are beginning to come on board, it’s best to go with a company that specializes in bitcoin and has that depth of knowledge and market experience at its disposal that will maximize your investment opportunities in cryptocurrencies. Specialization, experience and a proven crypto record are key.
- Fees: You need to take a look at the fee structure of the various bitcoin IRA custodians out there. Some charge a flat fee for the management of an account while others charge a percentage based on the value of the investment. Depending on the size of your funds and your investment strategy one or the other may be better suited to you.
- Security: Asset security is absolutely crucial when it comes to investing in a virtual asset such as bitcoin. You need to take a look at what security measures companies are taking to protect customer investments from hackers. You should be looking for companies that offer multi-sig features and offline cold storage of assets.
- Quick & Easy Set-Up: Some companies are highly proficient at assisting customers in setting up a Bitcoin IRA. The best can have you up and running in 24 hours. They are experts in the field and can have the whole thing up and running with minimum hassle. The best ones will assist you in rolling over a traditional IRA or a 401k into a self-directed Bitcoin IRA.
- Fast Transactions: Buying & Selling: Depending on how you intend to use your IRA this could be an important one for you. Some people want to invest a lump sum in bitcoin, play the long game and just leave it sitting there until some time in the future. Others want to be able to move quickly if they see an opportunity in the market. The latter requires an IRA account where buying and selling bitcoin can be done very quickly with minimum delays. In this scenario, time is of the essence when it comes to capitalizing on an opportunity.
- Ratings: It’s always a good idea to take a look at a company’s ratings and reviews. Take a look at what other people are saying about them and you can quickly get a good idea of where they stand in the market. The more established companies have a lot of reviews and feedback due to the length of time they have been in the market.
Best Bitcoin IRA Companies – The Top 4
1: Regal Assets
Regal Assets are the pacesetters when it comes to bitcoin IRAs. They were one of the first companies to offer bitcoin as an IRA investment option and they were also the first company to receive a global crypto commodity trading license. They offer investment options in not just bitcoin but in all major cryptocurrencies through their service called ‘Regal Wallet’. On assessing all the companies out there today Regal Assets are potentially the best company to work with when it comes to opening and running a bitcoin IRA.
Their Regal Wallet facilitates easy digital asset trading, delivers highly secure storage and is easy to use. They offer full insurance cover on all IRA accounts to the full market value. They do well in terms of ratings and reviews too. They boast some of the best benchmark industry ratings including a triple AAA Business Consumer Alliance, A+ Better Business Bureau and over 1,000 5-Star reviews on TrustLink. They are definitely worth a look. Below is a quick summary of the pros and cons.
Cryptocurrency Specialists: when it comes to knowledge and experience in cryptocurrencies you’re not going find any better. They are industry leaders in managing bitcoin IRAs and have a team of specialists with a wealth of knowledge in the digital currency market.
Excellent Security: the Regal Wallet offers excellent security. Your bitcoin investment will be stored in segregated, cold storage. Segregated meaning your bitcoin is kept completely separate from others. It is not pooled in along with other customer investments. Cold storage means it is taken completely offline so that it cannot be accessed or attacked by hackers.
Support 35 Cryptos: support for bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple/XRP and many more. They actually facilitate 35 virtual currencies at the time of writing.
Caters to International Customers: global service available, not limited to just US investors.
Fees: highly competitive fee structure compared to the competition, but like their competitors, transparency could be better.
Quick & Easy Set-Up: very quick account set-up process. Your bitcoin IRA can be up and running in just 24 hours. All you need to do is fill out the application form and transfer the funds. They will take care of the rest – IRA rollover, purchasing bitcoin and putting it in secure cold storage.
Ratings & Reviews: they are industry leaders when it comes to ratings & reviews; Triple AAA Business Consumer Alliance, A+ Better Business Bureau and 1,000+ 5-star TrustLink reviews. These are the highest possible ratings from BCA, BBB and TrustPilot.
Fully Insured: all investments in Regal Wallet are insured to their full market value
Launched in 2016 BitcoinIRA was one of the first bitcoin IRA companies formed. They offer a well-structured platform to their customers and like Regal, they are proficient in getting accounts set up quickly and with minimum fuss. They will assist customers right through the process from beginning to end in terms of account creation, rollover of funds and account management. They have received positive feedback for their customer service and they offer full insurance cover on their IRAs. BitcoinIRA is a cryptocurrency specialist company. They have strong industry experience, technical clout and a proven track record.
Cryptocurrency Specialists: they specialize in cryptocurrency investments and as such are experts in the field.
Support 6 Cryptos: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum classic, Bitcoin cash, Ripple and Litecoin
Secure Storage: they employ offline cold storage and multi-signature digital wallets.
Complete Service: end-to-end service in terms of account creation, fund rollover from pre-existing IRAs and account management.
Minimum Investment $3,000: much lower than some of the competition, an account can be opened with just $3,000.
Lloyd’s Insurance: the company is partnered with Lloyd’s of London, a well established British insurance market and they offer full insurance cover on all IRA accounts.
Formed in 2017 by precious metals and bullion dealer the Birch Gold Group, BitIRA is a company that facilitates the purchase of crypto. They have received positive ratings from both the Better Business Bureau and the Business Consumer Alliance. They are known for providing secure digital currency IRAs. They store all digital assets on drives in a guarded vault. One of their unique selling points is that they do not charge customers a fee for selling crypto assets. Their online user platform has received positive reviews for its account reporting capabilities. Also, like many of their leading competitors they offer insurance cover on accounts.
Secure Storage: offline, cold storage in a guarded vault.
Positive Ratings: they have received positive ratings from Better Business Bureau & Business Consumer Alliance.
No Selling Fees: they do not charge for selling cryptocurrency.
Online Reporting Tool: they have received positive feedback for their online customer account reporting tool.
Support 8 Cryptos: support the 8 most popular cryptocurrencies.
Insurance: insurance cover is available on all accounts.
4: Noble Bitcoin
Noble Bitcoin is a branch of Noble Gold Investments – which is a precious metals IRA firm. The bitcoin wing was formed in 2016 when they identified an opportunity in the market and jumped on the bus. The company proclaims to operate a ‘client first’ philosophy ensuring investors are properly informed about the crypto asset investment. Parent company Noble Gold are held in high regard and are trusted by their customers. They pride themselves on offering competitive account fees. They only deal in the four biggest cryptocurrencies – bitcoin, ripple, ethereum and litecoin.
Support 4 Cryptos: offer investments in the four primary cryptocurrencies – bitcoin, ripple, ethereum and litecoin.
IRA Management Experience: although they are relatively new to the crypto world, Noble has been managing IRA accounts for over 25 years. They are a trustworthy company and have a good name in the IRA market.
Fast, Easy Set-Up: once the initial application has been completed and approved Noble claim they can have your bitcoin IRA up and running in 5 minutes.
Security: they offer secure cold storage of assets and full insurance of accounts.
Broad Financial is a private estate firm that has recently turned its attention to the cryptocurrency market making it a newcomer amongst the bitcoin IRA companies. While not a specialist in the bitcoin digital world they do offer self-directed bitcoin IRAs. They operate off of a flat fee rate which means that unless you plan on investing a large volume of funds, you could be better looking elsewhere.
Professional Advice: when you open an account you will get the chance to discuss and review your investment options with an adviser.
Best Suited For: service is better suited to customers wishing to make large investments due to the fixed-fee structure.
This company deal exclusively with bitcoin IRAs and 401K plans. They specialize in mining bitcoins for investing in IRAs. Customers can buy these mined bitcoins at a reduced rate but delivery to the account is deferred due to the mining process. They are known for their offering of discounted bitcoins and for their no-pressure sales approach. When you invest in bitcoin with Bitvest you will receive your bitcoin a fraction at a time. This is the price you pay for buying at a discounted rate. It may be a good choice for customers wishing to save money on their investment.
Bitcoin Specialists: these guys specialize in bitcoin. They understand the crypto-asset market better than most.
Discounted Price: you can purchase bitcoins at a discounted rate, but you will have to wait on a deferred delivery.
First Digital IRA
First Digital offer IRAs that allow you to invest in cryptocurrencies, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate and precious metals. Like most other bitcoin IRA companies they can assist you in rolling over your existing IRA to a digital roth or digital IRA. Unlike some of their competitors they are not a specialist cryptocurrency company. Also the minimum investment sum is reported to be up to $20,000. This will be off putting to some investors. They offer trading in the 3 main cryptos – bitcoin, ethereum and ripple. They are partnered with a firm called Kingdom Trust Co. who act as custodian of the IRA accounts.
Digital IRA Guide: like most bitcoin IRA companies they send out some free literature to introduce new customers to the world of bitcoin IRAs.
Digital Currency Advisor: each customer is assigned a crypto investment advisor to assist with rollover, investing and storage.
Why Invest in Bitcoin IRA?
Asset Diversification: a bitcoin IRA makes a lot of sense in todays current economic climate. There are a number of advantages associated with moving your investment into a bitcoin IRA – but one of the most appealing to customers is portfolio diversification. By investing in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies you are moving your funds away from traditional asset classes and potentially protecting them from the shock of another financial crisis. Many analysts are warning of another imminent global economic collapse and if this happens you need to make sure you have invested wisely. Diversification is key to protecting your assets against the next big financial shock, and bitcoin can help you achieve this.
Excellent Long Term Growth Potential: among the other advantages of a bitcoin IRA is the excellent potential for long term growth. While many have seen the rapid growth of bitcoin over a short period of time, analysts advise that we are still in the very early days of the cryptocurrency market. As the technology begins to take hold we can see how not just private investors but major financial institutions are coming on board. As bitcoin becomes increasingly mainstream its potential for growth goes from strength to strength in the long term. Its price per coin rose above $3,000 back in July 2017 and has remained there since. It has seen a couple of dramatic climbs along the way but has never fallen below this figure. Now is a good time to get on board.
Excellent Store of Value: the global supply of bitcoin is limited to a grand total of 21 million coins. The value of bitcoin is protected by the fact that its supply is limited. Once crypto miners hit this ’21 million’ number there will be no more bitcoin out there. This ensures long term value and is one of the key reasons bitcoin has proven to be such an incredibly resilient store of value. This limited supply value is reflected in the way the value of precious metals such as gold and silver holds over the decades.
For further reading on alternative asset IRA investment options visit our homepage, click here.
Related articles and guides:
- @ Regal Assets Gold + Cryptocurrency IRA and 401k Reviewed Read here
- Are Gold IRAs Safe? Read here
- Best Cryptocurrency IRA and 401K Companies in 2020 Read here
- Best Gold and Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency IRA Rollover Company Read here
- Best Gold IRA Companies Read here
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency IRA Account Read here
- Can I Buy Bitcoin with my IRA or 401k Plan? Read here
- Cryptocurrency in an IRA Read here
- Gold & Silver IRA & 401k Plan Read here
- Gold IRA Rollover From Your 401k Read here
- Gold IRA Storage Requirements Read here
- Guide to a Bitcoin Cryptocurrency IRA in 2020 Read here
- Guide to Performing a Bitcoin IRA Rollover Read here
- How to Buy Gold with IRA Read here
- How to Invest Your 401k in Gold Read here
- How to Invest Your 401k into Cryptocurrency / Bitcoin Read here
- How to Roll Over Money from a Regular IRA into a Bitcoin IRA Read here
- IRA Gold Physical Requirements – What Physical Gold is Eligible? Read here
- Is a Cryptocurrency / Bitcoin IRA Legit? Read here
- Regal Assets Bitcoin IRA 401k Read here
- The Best Bitcoin IRA Custodian Companies Read here