Regal Assets Review -Gold & Crypto IRA and 401k
Last Updated on 6th July 2022 by Jeffrey Camerda
A Review of Regal Assets Bitcoin IRA / Gold IRA & 401k – Is it Legit?
Is your IRA or 401K predominantly invested in the stock market and/or the bond market? Then if I were you I may be concerned. With inflation rampant, interest rates rising and billionaires cashing out of the stock market, stocks and bonds may be in for a very rough time over the coming years.
Regal Assets is a company that provides alternative investment opportunities for people seeking more diversified IRAs. It allows you to invest whole or part of your IRA or 401kin alternative assets that provide secular diversity to your pension portfolio – i.e. bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, and gold and silver (precious metals).
So, Regal Assets concierge-style, Gold-standard service may be a suitable way for you to diversify your IRA or 401k pension portfolio.
That sounds all good on paper. But is it truly a trustworthy service? That’s precisely what we are going to find out together in this piece where we analyze their company and services in detail.
Strap on your Sherlock hat.
But first, we need to fully comprehend the economic ramifications of the current financial climate and determine how IRAs protect us against any possible recession in the future.
Individual Retirement Accounts or IRAs are there to fund your retirement, and ensure that you are comfortable when you leave the workplace, and hopefully live out a comfortable, happy and enjoyable retirement, without any financial worries. They are also good at minimizing tax liabilities upon withdrawal of your investment. Investing in cryptocurrencies and precious metals with a well-established, trusted and fully insured custodian is a great way to cushion against any economic shocks that might otherwise cause sleepless nights.
Why is it important to have a diversified IRA or 401k?
Asymmetric asset diversity in IRAs and your 401k can protect you against financial shocks that can disengage the economic machinery for months. Sure, it’s not something we hope for, but it’s very something that can quickly transition from a looming threat to a harsh reality. We seen that in 2008 and 2009. So it’s prudent to structure your retirement pot so that risk-off assets like bitcoin, gold and silver are part of your portfolio.
Given the current economic situation in the US and worldwide, it’s not unlikely that we are going to witness another major black-swan event or simply and inflation-driven economic downturn within the next few years – or even sooner.
That this isn’t fear-mongering, it’s just plain common sense.
Let’s examine the points:
- CPI headline inflation is at 7% YOY in December 2021 – the highest in 39 years.
- Consumer and Student debt is weighing on the American economy. They’re both on a steep rise. This is also a slight parallel to the 2008 economic crisis: mounting debt on people who cannot pay it for the most part.
- The end of 2021 saw the all-time high reported household debt ($13.67 trillion). Houses are largely overvalued. The asset backing of this debt is some compensation, but what’s disconcerting is the fact that this has happened in the past with housing, and at that time, this was a contributing factor to the economic recession that followed.
- Big banks don’t have a safety cushion to absorb the damage stemming from the pandemic-induced economic downturn anymore. If one or more of the bigger banks fail the whole nation will be in a deep problem with no way to get out.
- China’s Evergrande and property developer insolvency crisis is mounting each week as we speak. This is tied to major US institutions.
- We also don’t have enough resources for recourse on the national debt front. The US national debt has also been seeing a steep upward growth. It has spiked by more than $1 trillion within the past 9 months.
All in all, we’re living in a climate which may implode. And this implosion may well bring financial and economic crisis risks with it.
This is a fragile market where portfolio diversification is unfortunately, the only way to hedge against the inherent risks.
Regal Assets is considered to be a market leader in alternative assets investments. Gold and Bitcoin can be, for example, a great compliment to your future self as stocks and bonds – largely depending on the economic circumstances at any point in time.
Regal Assets provide a secure, straightforward and fully insured way to grow your retirement account with time-tested and proven methods. It’s portfolio diversification at its best.
With Regal Assets, anyone can move their existing IRA, SEP, 401(k), 403(b), or TSP plans into cryptocurrencies and precious metals.
- Regal Assets was founded by Tyler Gallagher in 2009.
- Address: 280 South Beverly Drive, 5th Floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Phone: +1 877-962-1133
- Regal Assets has been covered and featured in leading financial publications such as Bloomberg, Forbes, The Huffington Post, MarketWatch, and SmartMoney as well as Bitcoin.com. It was also ranked #20 in the INC 500 (financial services category).
The trendsetter advantage
Regal Assets was the first company to obtain a license for trading crypto-commodities and offering cryptocurrency investments as a proper means of portfolio diversification using alternative assets.
Consequently, it has the first-mover advantages. Regal Assets isn’t a company driven by trends. It’s one that can foresee what will be better for its clients and set trends for others to follow.
Background and track record
Regal Assets took a while to become a leader in alternative assets investments. It might be a prominent name right now but it had very humble beginnings.
Tyler Gallagher founded the company back in 2009. He is a financial expert specializing in investments. He has worked with unconventional investment strategies before.
He also served on the Forbes Finance Council for a couple of years.
Regal Assets has been providing gold-backed IRA accounts since 2013 that are protecting investors ever since. It’s also one of the fastest-growing financial firms according to the Publication’s Top 500 list.
Regal Assets specifically deals in precious metals and cryptocurrencies. It doesn’t deal in stocks and bonds. It’s a great gold portfolio management company for many, and a great way to diversify a wealth portfolio into the emerging technology of decentralized blockchain for some.
The company prioritizes true information. You won’t find tall claims and lucrative marketing lingo. They believe in giving their clients real information before they invest with Regal Assets.
Tyler Gallagher successfully revitalized and streamlined the precious metals investment industry by eliminating red tape and bureaucracy. He also did his best in informing people to reduce the confusion associated with investing in precious metals.
Regal Assets is the largest gold IRA company in the US. All this with a modest investment of $5,000, a focused vision, and a decade’s worth of hard work.
Who is Regal Assets for?
We would not recommend Regal Assets as a good form of investment for just about anyone. Only people falling in these categories are ideal clients of Regal Assets:
- People who wish their investment to be protected against economic slowdowns and inflation. You can ride out any economic slowdowns or depressions if you have invested in precious metals or cryptocurrencies.
- People who want or prefer to own tangible assets. Investing in something physical is a great way to be sure of your wealth. If that’s the right type of investment for you too then there’s nothing better than investing in precious metals. It’s a timeless investment to add to your portfolio.
- People who are nearing their retirement and as a result, wish to protect and grow their retirement account.
What are your options for investing in precious metals with Regal Assets?
Regal Assets has a myriad of products. Furthermore, there are multiple variations that you can mix and match to build the perfect portfolio that suits you.
One of the key factors why Regal Assets is likely to be your best investment for retirement purposes is the variety you get to adapt and personalize your portfolio as per your needs and wants.
Let’s have a look at all the precious metal options you have at your disposal once you sign up for an investment account with Regal Assets.
- 1 oz Gold British Britannia Coin
- 1 oz Gold Australian Kangaroo Coin
- 1 oz Gold Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coin
- 1 oz Gold American Buffalo Coin
- 1 oz Gold Austrian Vienna Philharmonic
- 1 oz Gold Chinese Panda
- 1 oz Gold South African Krugerrand
- 1 oz Gold Islamic 8 Dinars Coin
- 1 kg Gold London Good Delivery List Bar
- 10 oz Gold London Good Delivery List Bar
- 1 oz Gold London Good Delivery List Bar
- 1 kg Al Etihad Gold Bar
- 1 kg Emirates Gold Bar
- 1 oz Silver American Eagle
- 1 oz Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- 1 oz Silver British Britannia Coin
- 1 oz Silver Austrian Philharmonic Coin
- 1 oz Silver Australian Kookaburra Coin
- 1 oz Silver Australian Koala Coin
- Kilogram Silver London Good Delivery Bar
- 100 oz Silver London Good Delivery Bar
- 10 oz Silver London Good Delivery Bar
- 1 oz Platinum American Eagle Coin
- 1 oz Platinum Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- 1 oz Platinum Australian Koala Coin
- 1 oz Palladium Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- 10 oz Palladium PAMP Bar
- 1 oz Palladium PAMP Bar
Apart from investing in precious metals as you see fit, you can also choose from pre-defined portfolio types. Here are the four types of gold portfolios available with Regal Assets:
- $25,000 Legacy Portfolio: Great for quick profit potential.
- $50,000 Kingship Portfolio: This one offers inflation protection, courtesy of custom design models.
- $100,000 Dynasty Portfolio: Yields a high return on initial investment and ensures stability against inflation and market uncertainty.
- $250,000+ Coronation Portfolio: A portfolio for investors with high net worth seeking to focus on long-term wealth accumulation.
So, which one should you go for?
You can choose among two categories of packages: security & protection and investment & retirements portfolios. Both are designed to offer different benefits.
You can only choose to invest in precious metals with security & protection packages. You can combine both, precious metals and cryptocurrencies in the investment & retirement portfolios.
There are two packages in security & protection: merchant and knighthood.
The Merchant Package of $5,000 is good if you are looking for liquidation in times of need. On the other hand, the Knighthood Package of $10,000 provides plenty of financial protection for your loved ones.
Investment and retirement
The investment & retirement portfolios are great to save for the future. There are four portfolios under this category as we briefly mentioned in the previous section:
- Legacy portfolio (value up to $25,000): The exact makeup of this portfolio will differ from person to person. This is going to be a combination of precious metals and cryptocurrencies. This package is the entry point into the world of precious metals and cryptocurrencies and the investment will definitely be primed for a hearty return.
- Kingship portfolio (value up to $50,000): Meant to diversify part of your portfolio holdings into cryptocurrencies and precious metals, the Kingship portfolio is meant to protect you from inflation. The positioning is short-term gains. Stability and growth are easy to achieve with this package.
- Dynasty portfolio (up to $100,000): Made for retirement, the Dynasty package will be custom designed to offer the best results and stability against economic slowdowns and inflation. The portfolio will span the desired timeline and Regal Assets will make sure that it’s a portfolio with the least possible risk.
- Coronation portfolio (up to $250,000): High net worth individuals who wish to diversify their portfolio and take advanced positions will find Coronation to be the right fit. Engineered for long-term wealth creation, the Coronation portfolio is one of a kind. It will also meet the financial needs you have – both short-term and long-term.
What sets Regal Assets apart?
Regal Assets has an outstanding score when it comes to customer reviews. Complaints are extremely rare and quickly resolved. The pricing structure with any of the Regal Assets packages is also pretty economical. Add to that the great selection in precious metals and cryptocurrencies and you get a service that is great from every investment perspective.
The four main USPs of Regal Assets are as follows:
- Regal Assets provides you with all the information you need before you invest your hard-earned capital.
- Regal Assets doesn’t have a pushy sales strategy. They aren’t driven by increasing their sales. They are driven to help their customers achieve a better future.
- The storage rates backed by insurance you get with Regal Assets are simply the best and most affordable on the market.
- Charges, fees, commissions, etc. are discussed transparently prior to the onboarding. There are no hidden fees or surprises.
Scam or not?
Regal Assets is not a scam. Good reputation, track record, and industry experience make it a notable service in the IRA investments segment.
Even if you check the major review websites you will find that customers leave highly positive reviews. Regal Assets has helped countless people save up in a much better way for their future.
From the selection and the process to customer service and dispute resolution – Regal Assets has been applauded for its high-quality service across the board.
To further make the case for Regal Assets being a legitimate service, here are a few ratings they have received in the past:
- Regal Assets earns the highest possible rating of AAA in Business Consumer Alliance ratings.
- They have also been accredited with A+ (16 points) by the Better Business Bureau.
All in all, it’s a compliant and thoroughly reliable business we are talking about. It’s also the only precious metal dealer to be known so well all over the world and be trusted not just by people but by financial institutions and even governments.
Perks of choosing Regal Assets
You get a number of perks and benefits when you choose Regal Assets over its competitors. Let’s have a look at these advantages first.
Perk #1: Free Guides
As mentioned earlier as well, Regal Assets believes in providing ample information prior to investing with them. This allows customers to make better decisions. For example, it’s perfectly natural for most of us to be confused regarding the conversion of a conventional IRA account into a gold IRA account. Will there be complications? Is it a time-consuming process? Will it involve trips to the bank? Are there any regulations I should know of? And so on.
Thankfully, Regal Assets provides free guides to everyone. You can obtain a free gold IRA guide as well as a free crypto IRA guide.
You are, of course, highly recommended to doing your own research because ultimately it’s your hard-earned money. However, resources such as these guides go a long way in building trust and clearing confusion.
The gold IRA kit is pretty standard and full of the information you can also find elsewhere if you do a lot of research on gold IRAs in general. The cryptocurrency kit is a little more complex. It talks about cryptocurrencies in great detail. Furthermore, it comes with a DVD titled “The Rise of Bitcoin” that talks about how Bitcoin has affected the global economy. You will also find the pricing of the Regal Wallet here – a digital wallet you need to store your cryptocurrencies with Regal Assets.
Perk #2: Easy rollovers
Rollovers from IRAs, 403(b)s, and TSPs are pretty easy.
All you need to do is tell Regal Assets how much you wish to invest and which means you wish to use. They will contact your IRA custodian to handle all the rollover details and taxes.
Perk #3: Secured and insured storages
Regal Assets partners with Brinks among other reputable depository companies. You can only deposit your gold and silver in vaults handled by companies that are approved by Regal Assets. These are all industry-leading companies and consequently, very secure.
Your holdings are also insured up to the amount of your account balance.
Segregated storage allows you to better protect your precious metals from others.
What for cryptocurrencies? They use a service called Regal Wallets – which is a cold storage wallet for storing cryptocurrencies. Cold storage wallets are the most secure in the world. Here are the types of wallets you can choose from when dealing in cryptocurrencies:
- Exchange wallets: When you buy and invest in cryptocurrencies on your own, you will likely use a centralized exchange to do the conversion from fiat (government-backed currency such as the dollar) to crypto. An exchange is a company that’s under regulation and usually one with stringent KYC requirements. These companies allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. The wallets that you can make on these exchanges are not owned by you. The digital keys (the only means to prove ownership) to these wallets belong to the exchange.
- Normal wallets: Once you purchase cryptocurrency, it’s recommended to transfer the funds from your exchange wallet to a normal wallet. A normal wallet is a wallet you create on your PC or smartphone using a third-party app. Note that as there’s no company behind most cryptocurrency projects, there are also no official wallets. To store Bitcoin, for example, you can use the app called Electrum to make a wallet. These are normal wallets. Once you create a wallet using a service like this, you can be sure that the cryptocurrencies held in this wallet are owned 100% by you as you have the keys.
- Cold wallets: Cold wallets are hardware wallets. You store your cryptocurrencies on specialized hardware. This hardware can be plugged into a PC to make a transaction. But that’s it. It has no other entry point. Unlike normal and exchange wallets, which both need to be connected to the internet at all times, a cold wallet is completely offline. You can store this hardware wallet in your personal vault, for example. The only way to access the funds inside it will be to know the keyphrase which was used to lock it in the first place.
Cold wallets are the most secure. They are also a double-edged sword. For example, gold bars can be retrieved even if you lose the code to your vault. A cold cryptocurrency wallet’s funds can never be retrieved if you forget the keyphrase that it was locked with. So insured custody like Regal Assets provide is essential to secure your crypto assets and for peace of mind.
Perk #4: A fast, efficient service
Regal Assets has a fast turnaround time. Your precious metals will most likely be delivered within 7-15 days. Waiting times and processing times are very low.
Cryptocurrency transactions happen much faster.
Perk #5: First year free
The first year’s fees are waived completely.
Perk #6: Buyback at over-spot price
Regal Assets will buy back any precious metals you hold with them if you wish to liquidate. They have a 24-hour processing guarantee. You will get the funds well within that timeframe. They will buy back the precious metals at an over-spot price.
Perk #7: Delivery insurance
Regal Assets promises to deliver the assets to you within 7 days. If they fail to meet that deadline for any reason, they will provide you with an American Eagle coin.
The competitors generally offer delivery times from 30 to 90 days.
Everything from Regal Assets comes in discreet packaging via UPS, UPS registered mail, FedEx, or USPS, depending on the shipping location of the customer.
Shipping is insured for the full market value, and Regal Assets is fully responsible for the delivery of your order until you receive it and it is fully accounted for.
A tracking number is given to you when your order is dispatched. This enables you to track it between dispatch and receipt at any time. In the case of larger institutional orders, Brinks provides armed guards.
Perk #8: Peace of mind
Regal Assets will arrange storage on your behalf if you wish so. For example, IRA regulations in some cases prohibit you from taking possession of your precious metals. If you delegate this job to Regal Assets, you can be sure that they will do a perfect job managing it for you.
- Regal Assets provides segregated storage. It means that your precious metals will not be mixed up with those from other clients. It also cannot be seized. This segregated storage comes at no extra charge.
- They prefer to use the Brinks depository at Salt Lake City.
- The delivery to the depository is recorded and the video is then sent to you for peace of mind.
- You can also store your metals overseas without any penalty or tax.
What are the fees?
Let’s come to the pricing part now. Hopefully, you have made up your mind on whether or not Regal Assets sounds good for your future. Now, the next plan of action is determining whether it’s budget-friendly for you or not.
The first year is completely free, as we mentioned above as well. After that, you will be charged a $150 annual fee for segregated storage and a $100 annual fee for administration. Combined, that’s $250 per year.
Those are the only fees you have to worry about. And these are flat fees.
Now, there are also some minimum limits.
A minimum starting balance of $10,000 is required for an IRA account. A $5,000 minimum investment is required for tax-exempt non-IRA accounts.
Most companies in this sector charge based on the invested amount. Though somewhat beneficial for small investors, it’s quite a taxing deal even if you have a moderate amount to invest. Regal Assets charges flat fees – meaning you will be charged the same regardless of how much you invest (above the minimum threshold, that is).
Additionally, you benefit from Regal Assets in that you can diversify your portfolio to also hold cryptocurrencies instead of precious metals. As the admin fee isn’t charged twice, you are essentially saving a fortune here.
There are no set-up fees with either IRA accounts or non-IRA accounts. Non-IRA accounts further have no annual maintenance fees or storage fees.
Rolling over your IRA accounts
In order to invest in metals and cryptos through an IRA, you have to follow IRS rules and regulations, so you should partner with a company that has worked with these types of accounts for a long time.
It can cost a lot of money in the long run if you do simple mistakes like not buying IRA-approved coins or filing incorrect tax documents.
Regal IRAs are essentially self-directed IRAs used to invest in physical precious metals and cryptocurrencies. Alternatively, you can rollover or transfer money from your previous retirement account to a Regal Assets IRA account.
In the event that you want to sell precious metals or other alternative assets, Regal Assets can purchase them back on any business day of the week, and have funds available to clients within 24 hours.
At age 591/2, you or the beneficiary of your Regal IRA can begin taking penalty-free distributions.
So, how long does it take to rollover a traditional IRA into a Regal IRA? It generally takes around two weeks, although Regal Assets points out that every application is different and the amount of time varies from case to case.
Gold IRAs with Regal Assets
Starting a gold IRA with Regal Assets is fairly straightforward.
By rolling over your current IRA, you can start a Regal Assets gold IRA. Ask the custodian of the IRA to handle this for you.
A check will be sent to the new custodian before the funds are transferred.
As an alternative, you can take the money out of your account and handle the deposit yourself.
Due to the penalties at play, you will need to complete this within 60 days. Once a year is the limit for this.
Cryptocurrency IRAs with Regal Assets
Start your Regal Wallet account following these four simple steps:
- Fill out the Crypto IRA form.
- Your Regal Wallet representative can assist you in setting up your account.
- Put money in the account.
- Store cryptocurrency in a cold wallet.
They have a strong reputation for focusing on their customers’ needs and providing excellent customer service.
The IRA department at Regal Assets is staffed by experts who are familiar with retirement planning, as well as the tax benefits and implications in conjunction with all IRS regulations and rules when it comes to cryptocurrencies.
In 2016, Regal Assets expanded their business internationally by opening offices in Canada to assist Canadians in investing in precious metals through their retirement accounts, and in Dubai to serve international investors.
Over the years, the brand of Regal Assets has evolved from a US Precious Metals Company to an international alternative assets company also dealing in cryptocurrencies.
Regal Assets is the first and only firm providing alternative assets IRAs.
Regulated and licensed by the Dubai government, they can sell all types of cryptocurrencies to local and international investors through their Dubai office. In that case, hackers will not be able to access cold storage that is completely safe and secure.
Regal Assets offers the #1 crypto IRA on the market thanks to its partnership with Coinbase and Kingdom Trust since November 2019.
The comprehensive and user-friendly website of Regal Assets describes in detail the wide range of products they offer at competitive prices.
Is investing in precious metals right for you?
Precious metals provide stability against economic shocks such as recessions. People have been investing in precious metals for decades. They have never failed because they are scarce or limited. Limited assets provide a lot of economic stability. That’s also precisely why limited-cap cryptocurrencies (not all cryptocurrencies are limited or scarce) such as Bitcoin have gained in value and popularity in the past few years.
However, you should keep in mind that it’s not recommended to translate all your savings and retirement wealth into precious metals. Cash is also necessary.
Think of precious metals as a support system. The support system is integral to any structure but it’s not the only component. Your purchasing power is protected with precious metals unlike cash – which can get devalued quickly if the economy goes through an unprecedented slowdown.
Regal Assets offers gold, silver, palladium, and platinum coins – collectively called bullion.
Is investing in cryptocurrencies right for you?
Precious metals are indeed amazing investments. They have been so for as long as humanity has discovered them and learned about their scarcity and difficulty of extraction. However, cryptocurrencies are a much better option under most circumstances.
As you might already know, most of the countries have taken back their promise of bullion backing banknotes. Now, most of the paper currency in the world is backed against foreign exchange – which is essentially other paper currencies. Consequently, no one owns bullion (gold, silver, etc.) simply by owning banknotes or fiat currency.
This means that if you wish to invest in bullion, you have to buy it with cash at a dealer and take measures to protect it.
Alternatively, cryptocurrencies are completely digital. They are built on the blockchain infrastructure and as long as you know what you are doing, they also hold computational value. In other words, when someone transfers cryptocurrency to you then the actual value has to move (in contrast to bank transfers where only digits change).
So, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum hold value like gold and silver, but also have a use case. They are used in trading, payments, and even salaries. El Salvador recently became the first country to announce Bitcoin as its legal tender.
Many other nations are actively combating inflation by the large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies. Apart from that, many cryptocurrencies can also be used for small-scale transactions to other parts of the world with transaction fees amounting to pennies. Remittances, too, have become much cheaper thanks to cryptocurrencies. The only hindrance so far is the technical know-how needed to operate and secure a cryptocurrency sum.
Cryptocurrencies are, therefore, the best of both worlds – they have value like gold and they have practical use cases like fiat currency.
This makes them better than investing in bullion.
Not to mention that year-on-year gains on leading cryptocurrencies dwarf those on bullion by a factor of several magnitudes.
Other factors working in favor of cryptocurrencies include:
- Decentralization means nobody controls or influences cryptocurrencies, their usage, and their value.
- Stock market dips don’t affect cryptocurrencies, unlike bullion.
- They provide easier liquidation.
- Adding to your cryptocurrency wealth is easier than purchasing more gold or silver.
Regal Assets although supports a large number of cryptocurrencies, it’s impossible to support all of them (there are several thousands of them).
So, if you have a project you personally believe in, you can get in touch with them with your requirements and they will help you out in investing in whichever cryptocurrency you wish to invest in.
Let’s see the list of officially supported cryptocurrencies. We understand that cryptocurrencies are still an alien technology for many and hardly something that could be called easy to grasp. For example, there are several types of Bitcoin!
So a little explanation is in order. It’s also generally advised that you should know the use cases and core guiding philosophies of the cryptocurrencies you wish to invest in. Cryptocurrencies are not like gold as they have many uses apart from purchase and consequent hold.
We will do an investment-specific introduction for all these cryptocurrencies so you can make better choices.
- Aave (AAVE) – Non-custodial decentralized finance portal to develop financial features on top of.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT): A cryptocurrency that aims to phase out traditional, privacy-invading advertising by allowing advertisers to advertise without having to rely on demographics and other data. People who opt in to see these ads receive compensation in the form of BAT tokens.
- Bitcoin (BTC): The OG of cryptocurrencies. The first cryptocurrency in the world. Also, the one that’s most known and has the highest market value. Bitcoin is used interchangeably with the word cryptocurrency or even digital currency.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): A variation (technically, a “fork”) of the original Bitcoin that happened recently. It aims to increase the number of transactions in a single block to drive down transaction costs and improve transaction speeds, among other benefits.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV): An abbreviation for “Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision”. Proponents of BSV believe that the original BTC or even the BCH after its various improvements fail to manifest the core philosophy of what Bitcoin was always supposed to be (the vision of Satoshi Nakamoto – the pseudonymous creator of Bitcoin). Accordingly, they forked the BCH main technology to form BSV that’s in line with the technology that Satoshi originally envisioned in the Bitcoin whitepaper.
- Cardano (ADA): A blockchain platform that’s built on peer-reviewed research. All developments in the Cardano system are brought about only after proper research and testing. Cardano prioritizes evidence for its further development unlike others, which are mostly driven by the motivations of the core developers and what they believe would benefit the community the most (which isn’t wrong per se).
- Chainlink (LINK): Smart contracts are pieces of code or applications that, put simply, allow automated decision-making within a blockchain. Chainlink tries to bridge the gap between smart contracts on various blockchain networks and real-world data. Data can be freely fed to smart contracts, making them function better. The liberation from a single blockchain has revolutionized how people use blockchain technology.
- Dash (DASH): Dash is also forked from the main Bitcoin network. The aim of Dash is to provide a fast and cheap global payments system for the whole world. It also aims to provide increased privacy over Bitcoin.
- Dogecoin (DOGE): Created as a cryptocurrency on a meme (specifically, the Shiba Inu meme which was lovably dubbed “doge” for dog), it has come a long way since its inception. Doge might not offer a strong use case, but it has shown that you don’t need technical superiority to build a community around. Dogecoin is also endorsed by Tesla and SpaceX owner Elon Musk multiple times, sending its prices higher on every occasion.
- EOS: EOS aims to completely eliminate transaction fees while making transaction speeds blazing fast (millions of transactions per second). EOS is designed to support large-scale operations. EOS manages inflation by rewarding the entities (or nodes) that help run the network. Transferring EOS is free, unlike other cryptocurrencies.
- Ethereum (ETH): Ethereum is the second most popular and valuable cryptocurrency after Bitcoin. It is also the second most successful cryptocurrency ever, though few existed before ETH and after BTC. Ethereum introduced the ability to program smart contracts and build decentralized apps on the Ethereum blockchain, something that Bitcoin lacked, which is the most significant reason for its popularity. Ethereum is considered to be the silver if Bitcoin is the gold of cryptocurrencies. Ethereum’s use cases far outnumber those of Bitcoin – which is mainly seen as a store of value. Ethereum is routinely used in payments.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC): ETC is how Ethereum was created. The platform forked into the current Ethereum much like Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash – with a promise of an improvement. In the case of ETC/ETH, the promises have long been delivered and Ethereum continues to improve, leaving ETC behind. ETC is still, however, a good store of value.
- Stasis Euro (EURS): EURS is a stablecoin. Stablecoins are pegged or linked to a fiat currency. For example, the cryptocurrency called Tether is pegged (“tethered”) to USD. The unique thing about a stablecoin’s value is that its value is very stable because it only reacts to the changes in the value of the fiat currency that it’s linked to. Stasis Euro is the cryptocurrency linked to the Euro fiat currency.
- Stellar (XLM): The purpose of the Stellar Lumens platform is to offer people a better and more efficient way of making and receiving cross-border payments. It’s great for usage by people and institutions, especially for lowering the fees associated with remittances.
- Tezos (XTZ): Tezos is driven by a self-amending ledger. This means that it can easily absorb the technical advancements made in other blockchain and cryptocurrency environments. Consequently, it aims to be the “last cryptocurrency”. Usually, when dire changes are proposed and acted upon, developers of a blockchain essentially fork a network, as we saw in the case of Bitcoin and Ethereum, most popularly. Tezos combats the need to divide and fork by being upgradeable. As a result, it can change a lot from point A in time to point B while having everyone under the same roof – something that’s impossible in other cryptocurrencies as they have to stick to their founding principles and deliver on the same promises they made back when they were created.
- Ripple (XRP): Ripple is another big player in the cryptocurrency universe and shares popularity and value similarity with the top dogs such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Zcash. Ripple is a platform mainly for banks and financial institutions. It allows financial transactions, digital payments, and asset transfers to happen more efficiently, quickly, and faster. Many traditional banking and financial institutions have adopted Ripple as a way out of the technologically hindered and unscalable mess that the conventional banking system generally is.
- Zcash (ZEC): Zcash offered privacy and anonymity to its users way before it was trendy to do so. It uses the Bitcoin code (as it’s open-source) but isn’t a Bitcoin fork. Using advanced cryptographic technologies, the creators of Zcash allowed users to transact more privately with one another.
Apart from this list, you can approach Regal Assets to invest in any cryptocurrency such as Litecoin (LTC), Solana (SOL), Polkadot (DOT), USD Coin (USDC), Terra (LUNA), Algorand (ALGO), Avalanche (AVAX), Internet Computer (ICP), Polygon (MATIC), Cosmos (ATOM), Filecoin (FIL), Tron (TRX), VeChain (VET), Dai (DAI), Theta (THETA), Elrond (EGLD), Monero (XMR), and so on.
Regal Assets is the first and the top-rated company in the US to receive a crypto trading license. They also differ from other retirement or IRA cryptocurrency investment services in that they offer a large variety of cryptocurrencies to invest in and not just Bitcoin.
The risk involved with Regal Assets
Let’s now talk about the risks involved in investing for the future – which applies equally to investing with Regal Assets. Note that these aren’t risks only specific to Regal Assets but investing in general. Therefore, they apply to you when you invest with Regal Assets as well.
The only plus point in doing it with them compared to doing it yourself is that you will have expert guidance – which can easily be the difference between a complete loss of your invested wealth and ending up with double the amount you saved a couple of decades down the road.
Risks associated with investing in cryptocurrencies
Sure, cryptocurrencies give better results than bullion, but they also come with higher risks. Regal Assets advises people not to invest more than what they can handle to lose. This isn’t the case with bullion.
In other words, you have increased safety with bullion than cryptocurrency simply because bullion is tangible. On the other hand, your access to your funds as well as the underlying infrastructure in the case of cryptocurrencies relies heavily on the blockchain network as well as the internet.
All investing decisions will be discussed with your account representatives prior, so there are no worries.
Risks associated with precious metals
Precious metals are a store of value per se. They are not for making a profit. There are many means to increasing your wealth and investing in gold is not even on the list. Sure, it provides stability and wealth conservation, but gold’s power to protect you against inflation doesn’t make it an investment, technically. It makes gold a store of value, nothing more.
In other words, owning precious metals is good for having protection against losing value, not the appreciation or increase of your owned wealth.
The supply of gold has been increasing. Gains therefore cannot be made because there’s no “peak” of gold supply. Demand has never truly been sufficient to increase the prices of precious metals, in general, to help you make remarkable gains.
Comparing risks between precious metals and cryptocurrencies
10 years ago, the price of gold was $57,180. Following a deep dip (lowest point being $33,784), it’s $58,296 right now. In a decade, gold provided virtually no gain for its holders. Compare that with Bitcoin. 5 years ago back in 2016, it was $600 per Bitcoin. Today, it’s $46,751. No dips below $600 either.
If you compare year-on-year gains on long-term held cryptocurrencies with those on gold, cryptocurrencies easily outperform gold (and even more in the case of silver, platinum, or palladium).
Another notable point is that gold’s supply and demand fluctuate. Bitcoin’s supply is fixed. This means that only a limited number of Bitcoins will ever be there. Ergo, the value of the held portions keeps on increasing. It’s mathematically more sound than gold’s value increase.
Sure, cryptocurrencies come with their own set of risks (which we touched upon in an earlier section). But if you are in for the long term, cryptocurrencies provide a better value for long-term investment than precious metals.
Compensating for the risks is a large part of the equation, however. It’s not as black and white as that. There are so many grays in the middle. For example, you can hold and touch your gold – you can’t do that with your cryptocurrencies. That alone can put many off. Similarly, if you have legitimate concerns with storing cryptocurrencies then precious metals are indeed the best way to go forward for you.
This takes us to our next topic: doing your own research.
Doing the research
This applies to everyone but predominantly to people who are new to investing in alternative assets such as precious metals and cryptocurrencies. You should always do your research. Your research starts from charts. But as everyone’s needs are different, where you go from there varies wildly.
Careful evaluation of all the options is extremely important. Don’t be sold to data presented on the Regal Assets website. Always do your due diligence in double-checking every claim.
There’s no guarantee of future results. Check the track record of previous investments made by others. Read up on how people invest in precious metals and cryptocurrencies. What are the short-term and long-term risks involved in the process? Knowing more will always come in handy in combating marketing lingo and misinformation.
Get your facts straight. The only way to doing that is to do your homework before you even think of investing in anything.
Hedging against shocks
Both precious metals and cryptocurrencies are a good way to hedge against stock market crashes, inflation, and currency risk in general.
As these alternative assets are contrary to paper money, they can be used to hedge against anything that uses paper money as its core metric.
Typically, gold performs better as the dollar weakens. The relationship is not technically inverse, but you can see where this paradigm comes from. Gold demand spikes during hard times for the dollar. This means gold performs much better than any other asset when the dollar is in a free fall.
The inverse is also true. A stronger dollar deflates the gold demand whereas supply is untouched – making gold’s value weaker.
Cryptocurrencies don’t function the same way as bullion but there are several parallels between the two types of alternative assets
Using these alternative assets to protect your wealth against economic shocks is like putting your wealth in a safe haven that’s largely oblivious to the valuations or problems with fiat currencies and fiat currency systems.
How to proceed with Regal Assets?
Alright, you are ready to invest. You have made sure that you meet the minimum investment criteria of $5,000 for non-IRA accounts and $10,000 for IRA accounts. You trust their service and you have read some of their customer reviews.
Where do you go from here?
Let us help you out. The online registration process is a breeze.
The first step is filling their online registration form. It is a three-step form. The first step is basic account holder information (such as your legal name, first name, last name, phone, email, address, city, state, and zip code) The second and third steps are designation of beneficiaries and current custodian information, respectively.
Regal Assets has experts who will smoothen the IRA account transfer process from normal currency to precious metals or cryptocurrencies.
What happens after you have successfully filled up the online registration form? Here are the following steps:
- After filling the form, you will get an account number for your new IRA account in an email within 24 hours. Following that, you will be emailed the paperwork you need to submit your transfer request. Once Regal Assets receives that, they will make contact with your current custodian and transfer funds directly to the new IRA account.
- The Regal Assets staff will work behind the scenes to complete the transfer process and contact you each time a new step is completed. The Account Executive will contact you when the funds arrive in your new account in order to assist you in the purchase of your alternative assets.
- As soon as you approve, the price will be locked in and your purchase will be funded. Metals are delivered within 7 days to Brinks’ depository (in the event of you going for precious metals, of course). Once your orders arrive, you will be notified, and thereafter you can check your account, including your orders, online at any time.
And that’s it! Regal Assets is a service with distinction and a hassle-free customer onboarding process is the least we can expect from them.
Here’s the contact information for Regal Assets in case you are stuck:
- Hours: 7 AM to 6 PM PST Monday to Friday.
- Address: 280 South Beverly Drive, 5th Floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Phone: 1 877 962 1133
- Website: www.regalassets.com
Regal Assets is the perfect service for you if you think that it fits your personal requirements.
Portfolio diversification, protection against economic crisis, stability against inflation, both long-term and short-term investment options, flexible and competitive pricing, a smooth customer onboarding and support infrastructure, retirement investment, and finally, a solid market reputation allow Regal Assets to become a safe service to place your trust in.
IRAs are important. Given the current health of the economy and upon a closer look into the current trends, anyone will be able to ascertain that things aren’t looking good for those who aren’t saving up for their retirement.
Most Americans are living in perpetual debt. The amount of savings they have will only allow them to live worry-free for a few days if not hours. This is a harrowing reality. Unless you are safeguarded against the shocks of the economy and the plummeting value of the currency, you are not really safeguarded at all.
Investing in stocks and bonds is great but you need to be a full-time trader to derive the maximum profits. Having plenty of cash around is also good but again, unlimited cash isn’t a thing.
The only thing that makes a difference in the long run, long after you have retired, is how much have you saved for retirement specifically and how much tax you can avoid when you withdraw said investment.
IRAs are, therefore, amazing tools.
Regal Assets takes IRAs to the next level by allowing you to transform them into alternative assets investments. Bullion such as gold, silver, and platinum as well as cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum are here to stay. Both are unaffected by the common issues that plague the currency – some more than others.
For example, gold might still be affected by the movements of the stock market but cryptocurrencies exclusively depend on their supply and demand.
All in all, investing in alternative assets with the help of Regal Assets is a great way to have a financially sound future. Starting your IRA rollover process is also pretty easy, so it doesn’t matter whether or not you are financially adept at handling these things.
For further reading:
- @ Regal Assets Gold + Cryptocurrency IRA and 401k Reviewed Read here
- Are Gold IRAs Safe? Read here
- Best Cryptocurrency IRA and 401K Companies in 2020 Read here
- Best Gold and Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency IRA Rollover Company Read here
- Best Gold IRA Companies Read here
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency IRA Account Read here
- Can I Buy Bitcoin with my IRA or 401k Plan? Read here
- Cryptocurrency in an IRA Read here
- Gold & Silver IRA & 401k Plan Read here
- Gold IRA Rollover From Your 401k Read here
- Gold IRA Storage Requirements Read here
- Guide to a Bitcoin Cryptocurrency IRA in 2020 Read here
- Guide to Performing a Bitcoin IRA Rollover Read here
- How to Buy Gold with IRA Read here
- How to Invest Your 401k in Gold Read here
- How to Invest Your 401k into Cryptocurrency / Bitcoin Read here
- How to Roll Over Money from a Regular IRA into a Bitcoin IRA Read here
- IRA Gold Physical Requirements – What Physical Gold is Eligible? Read here
- Is a Cryptocurrency / Bitcoin IRA Legit? Read here
- Regal Assets Bitcoin IRA 401k Read here
- The Best Bitcoin IRA Custodian Companies Read here
Dr. Jeffery Camerda, PhD, is a financial planner who specializes in wealth management and retirement planning.
With a PhD in Economics and Financial Planning, Jeffery represents the highest level of financial planning expertise and achievement in the USA
In addition to preparing you for a career in financial planning, a PhD in economics and finance also prepares you for academic pursuits, such as becoming a university professor in teaching or doing research.
Here at the Wealth Builder, our financial advisory company was founded in 2007 and services all across the USA with over 16 years of expertise.
In order to provide the finest advice and services, we pay close attention to the specific financial circumstances and requirements of each client.
In order to guarantee that our clients don't get a sales pitch for insurance or investments, as well as a lack of conflict of interest from a prospective commission-bearing corporations, Jeffery focuses on fee-based services. Financial planning for wealth managers, financial well-being workshops, and personal financial planning packages are all part of the company's offering.
Jeffrey Camarda, PhD, CFA, EA is also the founder of the Family Wealth Education Institute, is a member of the Financial Planning Association and serves as the Chairman of Camarda Wealth Advisory Group